Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time to Shop?

Shopping....a favorite pastime of mine...especially shoes. Imelda Marcos I'm not...even a size eight! But, I do have aspirations!
I have decided in my best interest to work out every other day. My body isn't twenty anymore and I can't make myself look like Madonna...although I can try. She has lots more money...lol.
Drake at SNAP has been working me pretty hard and really for the first time in my life appreciate the efforts. Years of trying crazy diets have taken their toll and I have learned my lesson. I am now eating pretty healthy and it is starting to show. I have lost a lot of inches, more than pounds at this state. I can barely keep my trousers up...and that's a good thing!
Sticking to a plan is not easy...it takes sheer will power and determination. I am doing this to save my life first and foremost..that is my goal. I push myself and then I push myself more. I should buy stock in Advil and Ben Gay!
When it comes to meal planning I have some hints. If you are a member of Sam's Club...try Jennie-O 95/5 white meat turkey burgers. They also have frozen wild caught salmon burgers. You can cook the burgers from their frozen state on a grill and they are delicious. I do my best to eat wild caught seafood when available. I found that Heinens has very fresh wild caught fish at a reasonable price. Remember you can always buy what you need, don't feel obligated to buy more. My average meal portion of seafood is 6-8 ounces per meal. I was previously sticking to four ounces, but was not satisfied. As my weight decreases, I will adjust. I do have red meat once per week. Last night for dinner I made mini sirloin burgers with a slice of fat free cheese on my George Foreman grill. The total amount of meat was six ounces. The two slices of fat free cheeses added ten carbs. Well worth the meal; plus I added veggies. I had 1/2 cup of 1% fat sodium free Giant Eagle cottage cheese before bed. This helps me with my blood sugar levels as my numbers are in the 70-80s all day long. I have avoided the fat free cottage cheese as it is too salty for me. I will be going to Trader Joe's and Whole "paycheck" Foods this coming Monday to see what they offer.

No comments: