Thursday, January 26, 2012

The time is now!

I am a contestant in the News Herald's "Lighten Up" contest which starts February 1st, 2012. I am currently training at SNAP FITNESS 24/7 Gym in Mentor-on-the-Lake. My trainer's name is Drake Delande,ACSM and the manager is Brian Salvatore,ACSM. I am following a revised weight-loss program from The Cleveland Clinic nutrition/dietary department which will provide me with everything I need to manage Type II diabetes. I am also under the care of a CCF Endocrinologist. I have quarterly blood work. I take the following supplements: Potassium Rx, multiple vit tab, Vit D, MegaRed, and calcium.

For the past week or so I have been doing cardio on the treadmill and elliptical only until I start training. it has been a long time since I have been in a gym and I am ashamed I have been such a slacker. I have a health assessment at the gym tomorrow. I have four sessions scheduled for training over the next two weeks.

I weigh in and have another assessment at Slim & Fit Personal Weight Loss & Fitness this Sunday. I will be required to weigh in once a month. I believe the contest ends sometime in August.

I am determined not only to lose weight, get fit, and to rid the scourge of diabetes from my body. I am planning on winning the contest as well.

No comments: