Friday, September 12, 2008

FedEx Smart Post?

I ordered a medication from Drs. Foster and Smith (in Wisconsin) and they advertise "free shipping" with this brand of medicine, "Interceptor" a heartworm prevention taken once per month. I was clearly assured I would receive the med within 3-7 days via their "free shipping" services. I have done some interesting research on the collaboration between the USPS and FedEx. I also have read many entries from sad consumers who have tracked their packages across the USA while being "en route" to their destinations. One consumer saw their package in six states, in their own state twice, yet to be delivered. It seems this is a very cheap way to send merchandise weighing less than 70 pounds. I will continue to track and post the journey of my package in this entry.

I have contacted Drs. Foster and Smith to never ship anything to me via FedEx Smart Post. They told me I should receive my package within 7 business days.

Here are two links from sad consumers:

http://www.gearbits.com/archives/2007/07/fedex_smartpost_1.html

http://mindfulmusings.net/weblog/2006/10/17/fedex-smartpost-what-a-terrible-service/

The original Rx was mailed to the company on 9-4-08 and just received yesterday on 9/11/08. They don't accept consumer faxed Rx; only from the vet, who was hesitant to give me the Rx to begin with. At the vet the cost per pill is $6.00, from the company it is $3.65. This Rx mailed from Cleveland to Wisconsin. That's a very long time for the US mail. I just hope my Cosmo has no ill effects from the lack of the medicine. If I knew how poor the FedEx Smart Post was, I would have gladly paid for another shipping method.

This is an explanation for FedEx Smart Post:

http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/

I promise to update daily until the package arrives.


9/12/08. So far the package left Drs. Foster and Smith on 9/11/08.

UPDATES:

Date Time Description Location
September 20, 2008 8:31 AM Delivered CLEVELAND,OH
September 19, 2008 11:21 PM DC/EVS Arrive CLEVELAND,OH
September 19, 2008 10:30 AM USPS Entry CARRIER SECTIONS, OH
September 19, 2008 2:35 AM USPS Electronically Notified CLEVELAND,OH
September 19, 2008 2:30 AM Sortation Center Departure LEETSDALE, PA
September 17, 2008 5:26 AM Sortation Center Arrival LEETSDALE, PA
September 16, 2008 9:43 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
September 12, 2008 9:30 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI

It's says delivered, but my office is closed on Saturdays!

I'm happy to say I received the package today at 9am. Cosmo took his pill when I arrived home and all lived happily ever after.







No comments: