Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cosmo the Jack Russell Terrier


As promised here is a photo of Cosmo. As soon as I can figure how to color correct the eyes, I'll edit the picture. I purchased him from a local JRT breeder in Willowick, OH this past June. He was one of five boys in the litter. He has beautiful markings and a hyperactive white nubby tail. He is a six month old intact JRT. He's a real good boy and loves his toys. Don't they all? He is sitting on my daughters lap who is a bit camera shy right now. He is nearly crate trained. Cosmo loves the dog park and taking rides in the car. Cosmo is doing great on his leash and is very friendly with the other canines in the area. Two weeks I had him at Fairport Harbor beach (managed by Lake Metro parks) and he tested the waters of Lake Erie. Unfortunately a very large hound barked at him and scared the bejesus out of him. Cosmo is usually good with large canines, but this one was a total nut case. Fairport Harbor beach is the only one in the area that has an area designated just for the canines.

I had a problem with him doing his business outside (he just didn't want to go) so as a fan of the doglady, I emailed her last week and she gave me great advice. She is published in the local paper on Thursdays. To reach her: doglady@AskDogLady.com.

I am feeding Cosmo BilJac dry puppy food now and it seems to agree with him. The food is made in a special process and very digestible. It also produces small waste, which is a bonus for yours truly. It is locally made in Medina, OH and came recommended by a co-worker who raises and shows AKC Bearded Collies.

No comments: