Friday, March 13, 2009

I need your help!

I called the Finish Line again today. 1-888-777-3949. I asked for "Valerie" at X5071. Guess what she is not the district manager like I was told. She is a CS rep who is out of the office until SUNDAY!

Finish Line had no intentions of calling me back within 48-72 hours! I was told there is not a district manager in the office. WTH???

The current cs rep would not let me talk to a supervisor at all.

She said I have to file another complaint. What happened to the original complaint???

I basically argued with the cs rep over the phone. She would not help at all.

My dear daughter is quite upset.

I am going to the consumerist.com now to see if they will help. I am very frustrated.

First contact with management:

Dear Mr. Marchetti,

My daughter bought a pair of high top tennis shoes about 1-2 weeks ago (2/28/09) at The Finish Line at Great Lakes Mall in Mentor, OH. She thought she would like them, she came home put them on again and didn't like them, had them on for about 5 minutes. Stayed in the home and on carpet the whole time.We took them back to get another pair today, however they had nothing in her size at all that she liked.

The store assistant manager would not accept a refund. He had a horrible grin on his face the whole time. He was mean and crude and extremely rude. He was practically laughing at both of us. I felt so embarrassed and worthless at his actions. Accused my DD of swearing, I thought my daughter was going to have a psychiatric meltdown. I get their catalog all the time and my DD did not see anything she liked. My DD, who is disabled was extremely upset. Upsetting a child like mine who has multiple mental health issues is not wise, trust me!

There was nothing wrong with these shoes. They are "Baby Phat" patent leather hi-tops. The minute you put the shoes on they crease. That is the nature of patent leather. I called the number on the back of the receipt to open up a complaint with a district manager. I was told I would receive a call in 1-3 business days.

UPDATE: as of 3/11/09 @ 1:06pm I have not received any calls from Finish Line's district manager.

UPDATE: as of 3/12/09 @ 10:45am, still no call from the district manager.

UPDATE: as of 3/13/09 @ 6:30pm, still no call from the district manager.

I called the Finish Line again today. 1-888-777-3949. I asked for "Valerie" at X5071. Guess what she is not the district manager like I was told. She is a CS rep who is out of the office until SUNDAY!

Finish Line had no intentions of calling me back within 48-72 hours! I was told there is not a district manager in the office. WTH???

The current cs rep would not let me talk to a supervisor at all.

She said I have to file another complaint. What happened to the original complaint???

I basically argued with the cs rep over the phone. She would not help at all.

My dear daughter is quite upset.

Management reply:
Ms. Scheer,
I am sorry to hear about the service you received in our Great Lakes store. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This is not the type of service we expect from our stores. I talked to the District Manager yesterday. He said the number he has is your work number. He tried calling it and left a message. He will be following up again tomorrow. If you have another number for him to contact you at, please let me know.

Mike Marchetti
Executive V.P. Store Operations
Finish Line
3308 N. Mitthoeffer Road
Indianapolis, IN 46235
(317) 899-1022

The district manager called me on 3/16/09 and I said I would return the shoes on 3/19/09, which I have done. I'm just waiting for the credit to show up.






No comments: