Monday, October 20, 2008

Yngwie Malmsteen and Ripper Owens Cleveland Agora 10/18/08







This was the best concert I have attended this year. Yngwie's shredding guitars and Ripper's ripping voice were a primo combination. Jim and I were in the front and center pressed up against the security barrier. We both came away with Yngwie's guitar picks. This was the first time I have seen Ripper live and it won't be the last. Although I still like IE, Jon Schaffer's band, well, they will never be the metal gods without Rippers voice. What was Jon thinking? Ripper even outshined Yngwie, could even be possible? The opening act, a metal band from Russia, and all I can say is their lead guitar and bassist were good. The vocalist was awful and was pained up like the "Joker" from Batman. I think is was a bad imitation of Insane Clown Posse.
Photography by Mark Gromen of BW & BK. http://www.bravewords.com/

No comments: